Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finally I can blog and don't know what to blog about....

Why is it that when I FINALLY have time to sit down and blog I don't even know where to begin?  Do I talk about how crazy my life is...do people really care about that?  Do I talk about how much I HATE Facebook, but yet can't seem to delete my account?  Do I talk about a new segment on the Today show "My kids would never do that" and how I think REALLY people?... we were kids too are you that naive and were you perfect when you were that age?  Or do I talk about how Cael told Steve the other night he was going to throw up just so he could stay up a little later!  In which Steve wasn't sure to believe him or not (because the times you don't believe them they PUKE EVERYWHERE and the time you do believe them NOTHING happens!) so got a bucket for him.  I am feeding Cambell in the other room and I overhear Cael "pretend puking" in the bucket!  Seriously how do kids come up with these things?  And then I think it probably really doesn't matter what I have to say people are either going to laugh with me, disagree with me, or completely see themselves saying the exact same thing.

So lets start with my life and how crazy it is... lets just say it takes a VILLAGE to raise children and I live in the BEST dang VILLAGE around!  My neighbors are PHE NOM EN AL!!!!  They watch the kids ALL of the time whether it be outside while we quick change a diaper, whether it be I have to leave for work and the sitter will be an hour later, whether it be "here hold him/her" why I go check to see if my 2 year old really just pooped behind your shed (thankfully he didn't).  We couldn't do it without them...ALL of them!!!And I am SOOOOOO GRATEFUL for the VILLAGE we picked to raise our children!!!!!

Next topic...I hate FACEBOOK but I also love it!!  IT takes up my time that I should be spending with my children, it is pointless, it takes away from actually having a conversation with my husband when the kids are sleeping because God for bid someone may have posted a new picture or status that I can't miss!  It is my only source of news...yes that's right I go to Facebook to find out news stories!  What is wrong with me??  I ask myself ALL of the time if I hate it so much why don't I delete it?  I have thought about it multiple times, BUT I just can't!  It has connected me to my family and friends who I rarely see and talk to anymore.  Yes, it takes away from actually calling someone and talking to them, but half of my "friends" I would never call anyway so it is nice to "keep in touch".  And like I said I actually get a lot of my news from FB, because lets be honest who has time to watch the news?!  I can't stay up that late at night and  I don't like having it on during the day because the kids overhear everything and not that I want to protect my kids from the news it's just that they don't need to see it EVERY single day!  I get really tired of explaining to my 6 year old why someone kidnapped and killed his/her child, or why this person shot this person, or "mom, why did they do that?"  And why not just go directly to the news site and read from there you may ask....well I do, but the little bit of time that I have to sit and read something I would much rather be spending it reading someones status on Facebook! ;-)

Topic 3: The whole segment on The Today Show has really bugged me!  I like the idea behind the show, and I hope that it makes other parents think about how his/her child would act if in that situation and I think that is the point of it.  However, it just goes to show that parents are BLIND when it comes to their own children!  Do people not remember what it was like to be young?  I was not a horrible child, but BY NO MEANS was I perfect!!  And my parents knew this!  And with social media now it is so scary!  I thank God everyday that we didn't have social media when I was younger!!  You can preach and preach to your children but until they are actually in that situation you really have NO idea what they will do!!  The other day (on Facebook or course) I watched a video of a guy who was doing a study on young children and strangers.  He talked to the parent first and asked it if would be okay to talk to his/her child and see if the child would go with him (he also had a cute and adorable puppy to entice them).  Of course the video only showed the children that went with him, but it just shows how scary and easy it is to kidnap children!  We have talked to the older boys MULTIPLE times about strangers and presented different situations, BUT I could almost bet that when in the situation at least one if not both of the boys would go with someone.  I don't really have a point to this topic, it has just made me realize that we need to continue to talk to our children about the different things going on and continue giving them scenarios and hopefully, someday they will have enough courage to "THINK" and what you have been preaching for all of these years will actually come into play when most needed!

And now my time is up, I have a baby crying and another one fussing!  I will have to come up with some more topics that no one but me cares about and find time to write about them...until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment