I am definitely not someone that LOVES breastfeeding!! It's time consuming, it's not comfortable, you have to be very organized or be waited on because you are stuck in one place for a long period of time, multiple times throughout the day...which quickly gets old for everyone involved.
Your whole life revolves around your boobs!!!
They don't tell you at the hospital, when you decide to nurse you actually have 2 'kids' (your boobs being one) or in my case, this time, 3. I should have named them..They "your boobs" need to be drained, pumped, and refilled, in my case every 3 to 4 hours!! They wake you up in the middle of the night, they're messy, they can soak a shirt, spray your baby in the face, and someone relies on them 24/7 and its not your husband!!! :-) You're entire day is planned around them and it is nearly impossible to go anywhere for an entire day without worrying about them!!
You (I) only have about 90 minutes to do anything and that's if the babies go 3 hours in between feedings!! Yes, I could pump but...I HATE pumping!!! 1. its a pain...literally, 2. You have bottles and pump parts to wash. 3. You have to find the time and a place to pump...seriously toilets are gross and no one wants to pump on one!! And 4. If you pump too soon or not long enough you milk supply decreases and you have to supplement! Supplementing is a whole other issue...What formula do you use, what's going to give them gas or upset their tummy, how many more oz. do you give them, etc? But will save that for another post!
Nursing definitely helped shrink my tummy AT FIRST!!! BUT NOW it's the opposite! I AM HUNGRY ALL OF THE TIME!!! I never get full! I was smaller a week after having twins than what I am now! Yes, you are suppose to take in a few more calories when you nurse, but I don't think going back for 2nds and 3rds and then having dessert and then snacking every hour is considered a "few" more calories! BUT I can't stop! I try to eat healthy but I CRAVE sweets when I nurse!! I have more cravings and am more hungry now, than when I was pregnant! Is that even normal?
I also have horrible tummy troubles! Probably due to the excessive eating but holy buckets! These babies better appreciate what I am doing for them! :-)
However, after saying all of this, I find breastfeeding in general, amazing! The fact that my body can produce enough food for my babies to solely eat from me is crazy!! I also am very, very blessed to have had the opportunity to nurse all 4 of my 'babies'! I love having my babies so close to me and really love being able to be the only one that can nurse them and I am incredible sad when I have to stop...at least for the first week and then I get over it and realize how much freedom we all have again! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment