Monday, July 28, 2014

How are we EVER going to HANDLE FOUR under FIVE?!??!?

This story happened Saturday night so I have DEFINITELY calmed down since then BUT anyone that has kids will completely understand and those of you who don't...I hope I give you a good laugh!!  AND just an FYI this is a poop story! 

I was crabby, HOT and tired on Saturday!  And I am growing TWO HUMAN BEINGS so I am entitled to those days once in a while, right?  We just got done with supper, the kitchen was a COMPLETE mess, I was starting to give the boys a bath, and Steve had to finish mowing the lawn.  Cael, who is NOT potty trained yet, but did get an Elmo potty chair from his cousins decides he has to poop.  So I put him on the potty chair.  He goes...YAY, we all cheer and then I start their bath.  Thinking to myself, that went smoothly, maybe this is the answer to potty training him!!!!  WRONG!!!!  Not less than 3 minutes into their bath, there are two turds floating in the tub!!  Bowen starts laughing hysterically then starts screaming because they are floating towards him!  Cael isn't quiet sure what to think or do.  Meanwhile I am trying to remain calm, even though it is really hard to do because now I have to get both boys out of the tub, catch two turds, and refill the bathtub...and did I mention I felt like it was 90 degrees!   As I am letting the water out, trying to think of a good way to get the "prize" out Cael decides (once again) that he is not done.  So I put him on the potty chair again and he goes again.  Before I get a chance to grab the wipes he decides he wants to go in the big potty chair, stands up, and "things" start dripping on the floor!  I of course, have hit my breaking point, start yelling at him to sit back down, which then makes him step on and spread the "drippings" on the floor which then sends me OVER my breaking point, which makes Cael start crying/screaming,  "I WANT MY DIAPER!" and "HOLD ME MOMMY!" I try to regain control again, because now the HORRIBLE thoughts that are going through my mind are, "he will NEVER want to sit on the potty chair again", "I just ruined my child" and "now I will DEFINITELY have THREE kids in diapers!"  Once I finally get everything cleaned up, both boys back in the bathtub, I go outside, past the EXTREMELY messy kitchen, wonder  HOW THE HECK are we ever going to be able to handle 4, two being the same age, and vent to Steve, (who just doesn't quiet get it)!!!  After everything was cleaned up and I got a few deep breaths went back inside, finished baths and then tackled the kitchen with the help of Steve!  And EVERYTHING turned out just fine...well.... Cael still hasn't used the potty, but no one knows a 6 year old still in diapers right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment