Tuesday, July 29, 2014

To find out or not to find out...

This is the question we ask ourselves often!!  When I was pregnant with Bowen I was adamant that we would NOT find out!  If I was going to be in labor for that long than by golly I was going to have a surprise at the end (apparently the baby wasn't enough!).  Then I got pregnant with Cael and was fine with not finding out until I was about 32 weeks or so and I couldn't stand it anymore.  It drove me crazy not knowing!  Most of it was because I was pretty sure at the beginning he was a boy, but everyone else was convinced I was having a girl, which after hearing that a 100 times I was convinced I was having a girl too.  I should've stuck with my gut!
So, with this "baby" I told Steve we were going to find out and of course he reminded me on how adamant I was about not finding out when we had Bowen.  SO, I was up for a losing battle!  Normally, I would have thrown a fit until he gave in, but at the same time there are so few surprises in life I let it go!  WELL then came the exciting news it was twins and the ultra sound tech asked us if we wanted to find out, we still weren't sure, so we looked away.  However, I'm a little stubborn and now that she knew, it wasn't fair that we didn't!  When we got home we talked about it and decided that we would find out at our next ultrasound. (They wrote it down on my chart so if we really wanted/want to know we could call the hospital and they would/will tell us.)
After our news broke that we were having twins, I was amazed on how many people told us we HAD to find out because it would make life much simpler, which I somewhat agree with, BUT back to me being stubborn, I sort of like to make my own decisions (Aka I don't like to be told what I can and can't do, just ask my mom and dad!) and I was NOT going to be told what I HAD to do!  ;-)  So we did NOT find out at our last ultra sound (which the Dr. almost slipped and told us, which I secretly wish she would have then it wouldn't have been our decision) or at our last appointment and still are debating what to do.  If it is anything like Cael I will be begging to find out at about 30 weeks and by then Steve will say "we waited this long, what's a few more weeks!"  And honestly after being in labor, for multiple hours, twice, that is one of the coolest experiences ever to see/hear whether your baby is a boy or a girl!  And this time we get double the surprise!  So... the question remains...

1 comment:

  1. DON'T CAVE! It is so much more fun not knowing! I wish we hadn't found out with Elsa. It will be well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete