Monday, September 15, 2014

29 Weeks




 Baby A's Feet are right above Baby B's Head!

Baby B's belly is right next to Baby A's head (maybe I wasn't quit sure what it was on Baby A)

Baby A's knuckles right next to its face

And Baby B's Fist








Sorry this is a long one...
How far along? 29 Weeks 6 days The babies are growing like crazy!!  Baby A is 2lbs 14 oz but is EXTREMELY low and head down and Baby B is taking the lead at 3lbs 4oz, but is sitting breech.  Some of you may wonder do I have to have a C section and the answer is No and I am hoping I don't.  As long as the first baby is head down then they can perform a vaginal delivery, no matter what the second baby is (well as long as he/she isn't HUGE and/or stuck).  So if Baby A stays as low as he/she is then we will be good to go...as long as baby b doesn't get too big!  My sister had a friend that baby A was a vaginal deliver and baby B was a c section...lets hope we don't have to do that!
Heart rates: A-146, B-150
Total weight gain: 23lbs I actually lost a pound...which they were not overly concerned, but told me that it's obviously better to gain!  Trust me people I eat!  I was nervous (first time in my life that I was nervous about losing weight!), but she said since the babies are growing and look healthy than there is no need to worry!    
Maternity clothes? YES...and I am nervous that they are not going to fit for too much longer!  I have a few non maternity comfy pants and t-shirts that I wear.  I also have some college jeans that seem to fit...HHMM I wonder why!?     
Stretch marks? None. Varicose veins behind right knee.  I attempted to wear support hoses to bed one night last week and woke up the next morning with a red ring (that lasted well throughout the day) around my ankle.  Then everytime I went to walk my ankle hurt!  I am pretty sure I was cutting the blood flow off from my ankle to my foot.  I guess next time I will put the feet part on too instead of folding it up my calf...whoops, who knew!?  I also have to wear a belly harness...which is just LOVELY!!  However, it really works amazingly!!  I haven't had any belly pain since getting it.  I try not to wear it all the time so my belly doesn't get use to it, but I wear it to bed and work.  Which is so 'nice' to have at work because it is BRIGHT white and sticks out of EVERY shirt I own!!  So I look like I am constantly showing off my sports bra...it's very professional!
Sleep: Oh how I miss you!!  So this week was an interesting one...first off with these babies I am unable to sleep on my back AT ALL!!!  Bowen... slept on it until 36 weeks!  Cael... probably about the same, not this time...I think I quit at 15 weeks.  Not only can I not sleep on it, but I can't even lay on it for more than 5 minutes!!  I literally thought I was going to pass out during the ultra sound because I laid on my back too long.  Had to get up readjust, take some deep breaths, and after a minute or two had to lay on my side.  It was awful!  
Thankfully, I am so tired at night that it only takes about 30 minutes of "attempting" to move from side to side before I finally get comfortable!  And when I say "attempting" it means it takes everything I have to flip over which usually takes 10 seconds to get from one side to the other!  This is no easy task people!  However, ALL of this happens EVERY Day/Night/WEEK!  
My interesting story has to do with non-other than CAEL!!!!
We have been talking about the bunk beds for a while now, but within the last week we are talking about them getting closer to being done.  (I wish I would have taken a before picture of them)  However, "getting closer" means nothing to a 2 year old, therefore, he has been refusing to sleep in his own bed and wants to sleep in Bowen's room or on the floor!  Sunday and Monday he ended up crawling out of his crib and sleeping on his floor about 1am or 2am.  However, Tuesday night it stormed right at bed time so he wanted to sleep on Bowen's floor, Steve finally gave in and of course I am thinking this is the worst idea EVER, but we'll try it!  Cael wouldn't even lay in there until Bowen was with him because of the "nunder" so after about 20 minutes of them giggling, talking and Cael running out of the room 5 times we ended up putting screaming Cael back in his crib.  That lasted until 1:30 when I here the pattering of foot steps, however, this time they did not come into our room!  So I got up and sure enough he was on Bowen's floor, so I left him and he feel back to sleep!  Wednesday went GREAT, so we thought!!  We laid Cael down (on Bowen's floor) about 7:15, he fell right to sleep and Bowen down at 8:00.  When Cael got up this time at 5:00 (the latest he has slept in a long time) he ended up crawling into bed with Bowen, therefore waking poor Bowen up at 5:00AM!!  Finally at 5:30 I brought Bowen into bed with me and Steve put on Bubble Guppies for Cael.  Might I also add, I felt like I could run a marathon...I actually slept the WHOLE time from 10:15 or so until 5:00!!!  
We tried it again on Thursday night and Cael ended up back in his crib! This was by far the worst night!  I got up to go to the bathroom at 12:15, got back to bed and hear Cael get up at 12:30, once again he goes straight into Bowen's room!  (Might I add when he gets up he is usually carrying 3 blankets, a water, and a few toys (ducks, cows, Neighs (horses), stuffed animals, bouncy balls, literally the most random things).  He also shuts his fan off and shuts the door...EVERY SINGLE TIME!!  Which is usually what wakes me up!  He also appears to be WIDE awake EVERY SINGLE TIME!  When we take him back to bed he tells us he is wet, whether he is or not!  Which he is usually is pretty wet, so we thought that may have been the reason he was waking up, however, we switched diapers and he still wakes up!)  I hear him playing with stuff in there, talking to himself (LOUDLY), sneezing then realized he needs a kleenex.  Finally, I make Steve check on him because I had gotten up numerous times to put him back on the floor, get him water, and tell him to go to sleep!  It is NOW 2:00 and I am on my 2nd bathroom trip and Cael is still wide awake! Finally, I go in there and give him one last chance he either lays down or its back in his crib (he wasn't really being that loud, so I didn't want to have him screaming in his crib and wake the whole house up!), he decides he wants to sleep in Bowen's bed...me figuring I am SO TIRED, he has to be this tired as well, he will fall asleep so I give in!  I FINALLY am just falling back to sleep at 3:45 and am awakened by TWO boys standing by my bed WHISPERING LOUDLY, :I can't sleep!  I "tapped" aka hit Steve, who has practically been sleeping this whole time, and tell him to deal with this slumber party that we are now having!!  I told Bowen to get his sleeping bag and sleep on our floor.  Steve put Cael back in Bowen's room, in which, he ended up in our room on the floor 5 minutes later!  AND FINALLY by 4:30 EVERYONE in the house was back to sleep...just in time for Steve's alarm to go off at 4:50!!  So to sum it up, Cael was up from 12:30-4:15 and luckily it was Friday so Mommy took an hour and half nap!
Best moment this week: The ultrasound! Even though these babies do NOT cooperate AT ALL when it comes to getting a picture of them, it is still exciting to see them every 4 weeks!  BUT seriously, you would think at least one would be facing the right direction for us to get a good picture.  However, we did get to see Baby B's hair!  We figured since Baby B is bigger than Baby A is putting up a fight to be first!  Bowen and Steve are still convinced Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy!  I am getting very anxious to find out.
Miss Anything?  I can't wait until I don't have heartburn anymore and can stop taking medicine for it.  I miss being able to carry on a conversation without having to stop and catch my breath!         
Movement:  Baby A gets the hiccups all of the time which is uncomfortable considering how low Baby A is.  Baby B flips a lot, he/she was actually breech at the ultrasound, but I haven't noticed him/her to get the hiccups!  Bowen felt a foot or arm the other day! He thought it was pretty cool especially because he/she left it there for a while.  It is always fun to guess what body part is sticking out of my belly!  :-)
Food cravings:  Chocolate Chip Cookies
Symptoms:  Heartburn.  Back pain and pressure since Baby A is so low
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Labor Signs:  Braxton hicks some days I have them all day long and other days I will only have a couple.  They are so random, however, some actually take my breath away.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but a little stressed!  I've been trying to find a photographer that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg, to do maternity and newborn pictures.  However, this is the busiest time for photographers so the ones that we normally use are booked!
Looking forward to:  Week 30...I feel like I have been in the 20's forever!  However, that means it is getting a LOT closer!!!  
Extra:  I asked the Dr. if she could tell us if we are getting any closer (since I have read some blogs and they were scheduling their C sections at week 29) and she said we are right on track!  The babies look great and I am doing well!  I also was curious about Baby A being so low, but she made is sound like he/she is just fine!  My cervix measures (from the ultrasound) 3.8 (however, I am not sure what that means, because I don't think it is the same when they check you internally!)  My belly also measured 39 weeks, so that is definitely growing!  I delivered Bowen at 38 weeks and Cael at 39 weeks, so everything here on out, is going to be new for my belly!  ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment