Monday, September 22, 2014

30 Weeks




Have you noticed how much cuter my signs are?  Ya... my sitter does that for me now (Thanks Mallory)!  She is so much more creative than I am!!  
I also am NOT good at taking pictures!  By the time Steve and I have time to take them, I have already changed into my jammies and am ready for bed!  So that is why I don't always have a picture to go with my weekly update.  

How far along? 30 Weeks 6 days The babies are growing like crazy!!  Baby A is 4lbs and is still EXTREMELY low and head down and Baby B is 4lbs 2 oz (THAT IS 8.2 POUNDS OF BABY PEOPLE!!!!) and was actually head down for a little bit and then decided to move sideways toward my hip, but kept his/her feet upward and then decided to move the other way towards my stomach!  We got a great 3d image of Baby B, but A is so low that we can't get any pictures of him/her.  The ultrasound tech asked me if it was hard to sit down because Baby A is SO LOW!!!  Which I get very uncomfortable after awhile, but A needs to just stay put for a at LEAST 3 more weeks!  The ultrasound tech could not believe how much they move/kick/punch!  She asked me if they did that all the time?  And I responded ALL DAY LONG!!  However, they only do it at night about 10, at about 2am or so and then not again until 6 so lets hope they keep that pattern up!!  Either that or I am just so use to getting beat up that I sleep through it!  The babies are actually measuring a week and two days ahead according to their weight and measurements (so about 32 weeks and 2 days)
Heart rates: A-162, B-130 (however, when they picked it up with the Doppler it was A-142, B-150) It's crazy how wide of a range the two systems get! 

Total weight gain: 22lbs I actually lost another pound...which is why they sent me in for an ultrasound.  I also was measuring smaller on my belly, however, the babies are growing very well!  I guess it is good to be tall!      
Maternity clothes? YES...but some of my shirts definitely show off my growing bump!! Bowen thinks it is so funny when my belly (skin) shows and Cael says, "look Mommy, the baby!" and then giggles!  As of right now I am pretty sure he thinks my belly is the baby!    
Stretch marks? None... I wonder how long this will last!  Varicose veins behind right knee. I now wear the support hose every night and my belly harness.
Sleep: I wake up throughout the night with a lot of aches because I don't move a lot and my poor body gets so tired of laying the same way ALL the time!  Cael did okay for 3 or 4 nights and then he went back to getting up at least once a night and waking up between 5:30 and 6:10!!  ALL I want is HIM TO SLEEP through the night!!!!!!!
Best moment this week: The ultrasound, however, Steve couldn't go with me today because Bowen had to stay home from school and we didn't think it was smart to take him around a bunch of pregnant woman!  And again, we assumed it was going to be a quick, routine checkup, we should know better with these babies!  Nothing is quick and nothing is routine.  Baby B was such a ham today!  He/She was eating, kept showing us his/her face, and apparently only has peach fuzz on his/her head!  Baby A has a lot of hair (which if she did not point that out I would have NO idea what it was, but once she pointed it out you can definitely see it!)
Miss Anything?  Not being able to catch my breath,  Taking walks (not that I can't take a walk, but if I do I have to go very slow, and get a lot of contractions so it kind of freaks me out!)  Being able to hold Cael!  I try really, really hard not to lift and hold him, but it isn't always easy, however, I am getting better!    
Movement:  All the time!  Baby A just kicks since he/she is so low, but B flips, kicks, punches, jabs, and everything else
Food cravings:  Synder Ranch Pretzels, they are the BEST! (Thank you Sarah!)
Symptoms:  Heartburn.  Back pain and pressure since Baby A is so low
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Labor Signs:  Braxton hicks some days I have them all day long and other days I will only have a couple.  They are so random, however, some actually take my breath away.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but getting nervous on how low A is and how close we actually are to meeting/bring home these babies!
Looking forward to:  Week 34...this is my next goal!  Actually, every SINGLE DAY is my next goal, but 34 is a big milestone!  Over 60% of twins are born between week 34 and 35!
Extra:  We were busy this week...I finally packed a bag after last weeks scare, but I still have a lot of things to put into it!  I also bought coming home outfits this weekend.  A lot of the boy clothes have hoods and zippers and I hate that when they are so little.  I feel like they choke themselves on their hoods and when they sleep they get zipper imprints on their chin!  Bowen and Cael helped Daddy put up the crib, so both cribs are ready to go even though they wont sleep in them for a while.  Bowen helped put batteries in the bouncy seats and swings, so those are ready to go and Steve put the seats in the van (well one is in the trunk because they take up so much room and if we have a passenger he/she can't fit.  And I thought once having a van we would have a TON of room.... I guess we should've bought a BUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment