Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A little Scare...



I am now going to my appointments weekly.  Sometimes the nurse will ask if I want to be checked and/or if I had been checked previously.  When I say no, they either say okay, or the dr. may want to check you.  So, on Monday, I figured it was time to get checked, not for any real particular reason, but was curious.  The Braxton Hicks are getting stronger (still nothing to be overly concerned about, at least I don't think) and I felt just wore out on Sunday.  I was a little light headed, but probably pushed myself a little too hard.  The worst things is I don't feel like I am doing a TON of activities, because I am not used to slowing down this much!  The list of "stuff" that needs to get done before these babies are here is endless!  But like my sister said that is just "stuff" that can wait, these babies are what is top priority now!
Anyway, I digressed... the Dr. came in measured my belly, which really hadn't grown much from last week, however, Steve and all my coworkers think it grew like crazy over the weekend!  She then checked me and I am dilated a finger tip.  She said that since I had babies previously I could just be dilated all the time...I know great thought!  However, she wanted to make sure so she was going to give me a shot to help mature the babies lungs and then check me again Tuesday to make sure I haven't dilated anymore!  I also will get another shot on Tuesday.  However, if I am dilated more than they will admit me or at least put my on some type of bed rest!
(I am writing this Monday night so I will continue my story after my appt. on Tuesday.) 

A funny story about the shot....the nurse told  me that I was going to get it in the butt.  So I hop up on the table, bare half of my butt and realized that what she actually meant was my love handles....so here I am baring having my butt when it reality I really didn't even need to bare any of it!  Poor nurse will probably have nightmares tonight of this crazy woman who mooned her!

We went back today (Tuesday) I got another shot and was rechecked.  NO CHANGE!!!  YAY!!  So everything looks good and I am good to go for 8 more weeks!!!! :-) I asked her if I needed to be checked more often and she said no...not unless I wanted to be checked or I had much stronger, harder contractions that I was concerned with.  And the fact that they gave me the shot, the babies lungs should be good.  I messaged a friend of mine who also has twins and her babies got the shots, were born at 32 weeks and did NOT need oxygen.  However, another set of twins were in the NICU at the same time, did not get the shot were born at 34 or 35 weeks and needed oxygen.  So, we will keep them cooking for a lot longer...at least as long as they will let me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment