Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mom+Flu Sickness+Pregnancy= Total Disaster

Well folks I spoke too soon!!  You know how I said two weeks ago was so crazy....I should've just kept my mouth shut!  However, I'll probably insert my foot into my mouth again so I better be careful!!  BUT this week was awful, I was sick, sick, sick!  And I found out real fast being pregnant, having two typical boys, and being sick is NOT meant to be!!!!  I mean really, Steve is AMAZING, but mom's just aren't meant to get sick!!! 
It didn't help that we had a really messed up week of "daycare" since our regular sitter couldn't start until Wednesday.  So that alone threw us for a loop.  Luckily, I have great parents that can help out at drop of a hat and let me tell you they DO!  Thanks mom and dad!!!  They came down Monday to watch Cael in the afternoon.  I got home from work on Monday evening and just felt achy but assumed it was because I was really busy at work and sat at the computer a lot.  Went to bed, woke up about 2ish and could just tell I had a fever and a migraine to go with it!  Took Ibuprofen and tried to go back to sleep, which is NOT easy due to the fact I have two positions I can lay in, left side, pillow under belly and pillow under leg, or right side, pillow under belly and pillow under leg.  Both are neither that comfortable!  Woke up again at 4, headache getting worse and now I have the chills!!!!  And I mean shaking and just can't get comfortable....so it is time to wake up Steve!  I am not sure what I really wanted him to do, but I just didn't want him to feel out of the loop on what was going on with me!  Well, that didn't last he asked what he could get me and then 5 minutes later he was back to sleep.  I mean seriously didn't he see me violently shaking over here and not being able to get comfortable...okay, okay I'm not 100% sure what I wanted him to do for me, and he did get me whatever I needed, but if I'm up he should be too, right?  ;-)  Oh ya, and apparently the babies thought it was PARTY time in mommy's belly and were going crazy!!  Which I was very happy for them to be moving, but at that moment I just wanted to feel better and to sleep.  Bowen also ended up sleeping on our floor that night because he was nervous about school.  I couldn't catch a break that night!
Tuesday, up, called the Dr. and of course they wanted to see me in triage.  Again, thankful for my mom, she drove me to the hospital after dropping Bowen, who clung to me and would not let me leave!  I got a room and they hooked me up the heart rate machine!  Everything about having twins has been so different!!  I worry more, I am uncomfortable 90% of the time, my tummy is just big and uncomfortable, they move at opposite times and then sometimes at the same time (never allowing mommy's belly to rest) heartburn is ALL DAY long!  When hooked up to the machines there is double of everything...again obviously!  It's harder to get up and down.  Babies heart rate was great, my fever was down, but I still had a splitting headache.  They drew blood, tested my urine, and monitored my heart rate because it was higher than normal, but everything else looked great!  The Dr. gave me two Vicodin and sent me on my way.  Well folks I am not sure what Vicodin does to you, but it makes me LOOPY!!!!  I "walked" out of there got into the car and could barely lift my head.  Went straight to bed and didn't move until about 3ish.  And that is when I started shaking uncontrollably again.  Took my temp and it had risen to 101.  Called the dr, again and they told me to take more Ibuprofen and call back if it kept going up.  Did you know that inside your belly is 1 degree warmer than your body temperature...which is why they don't want your temp to get above 102.

Wednesday, I felt a little better, still not great and still had a fever, but it wasn't as bad.  So I decided to go to work...ya probably not a good choice, but one I made anyway.  I did okay until 5:00 and then I should've just came home.  I crashed once I finally got home.   

Thursday, still had a temp and the only way I could keep it down was by taking Ibuprofen, felt like I was drugging my babies!  I called the Dr and they made me an appointment.  Ran more tests, but also ruled out a bunch of things.  The Dr. was pretty sure that I had what the boys had last week and it just took me A LOT longer to get over it!!!  I think she was right, I rested, took the night off, and felt much better! 
HOWEVER, that was when my belly started hurting and I mean I couldn't walk the pain was so sharp!  However, you know when you get to the point where you have called the Dr so many times that you don't think they are going to believe you anymore.  And again, this is the difference between twins and having one.  I am way more paranoid with the these babies.  However, I did not call and just assumed it was my ligaments stretching and pulling, but yikes it hurts!
They of course felt better on Friday and finally I realized it was time to get a belly support band.  It has done wonders!  I looks crazy, but helps a ton!
Then on top of being sick, we have been wheeling and dealing on a van, Bowen has been crying EVERY day we drop him off, and Cael loved our sitter the first day and then realized she was here to stay the next day and wanted NOTHING to do with her!  It all will take time and we all just need to get into a routine....and then the babies will arrive and all hell will break loose!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment