Are my kids the only ones that are just starting to sleep in? We are one week away from school starting and NOW they decide to sleep in?!? All summer long we have gotten up anywhere from 5:30 to 6:30 (6:30, being hallelujah sleeping in)! BUT not the last three days, it has been 7:30!!!!! Seriously, where was this 2 months ago when we had no where to go and no schedule? We were just sitting down starting breakfast today and I told Bowen that next week we would be leaving for school at this time. It always amazed me when I taught that people were hardly ever late the first day/week of school, but come November-May, they file in at all different times in the morning. Yep its official I will probably be "that mom", especially after the twins arrive.
Another thought...why is it you always have plenty of time to get out the door, but when it is time to ACTUALLY go out the door, you all of a sudden are running WAY behind schedule and neither kids have their shoes on, and one usually has to go to the bathroom, And you realize you forgot the snacks, the diaper bag, the drink, the "blankie" and where did you last put the keys? Finally, you get out to the vehicle to find one kid climbing all over the seats, refusing to get into his own seat, and the other one is shouting things at you that you have just realized that you forgotten in the house, but don't have time to run back in to get. Also, you are now in a full blown sweat, wondering why you even showered this morning and if you remembered to put on deodorant! FINALLY, after a wrestling match to get the one child into his seat, we are ready to go and then realize we are almost out of gas! YEP this is a typical day everytime we leave the house! So, how is it that I am going to get 1 kid dressed, because the other 3 don't need to be until after we get home (who is really going to pay attention to them), fed, teeth brushed, bathroom break done, bag packed and into the car by 7:50 especially because we don't get up until 7:30? Ya, I'm not sure how I am going to do it either, but I guess I will find out soon enough!!! Its just another thing parents do on a regular basis which is why we are NEVER early!
No comments:
Post a Comment