Monday, August 18, 2014

Where does the time go?!?!



Does anyone else feel like these past two weeks have flown by?!?  Maybe it is because Bowen started school or because I had a full week of work or that Steve had one last week at his night job or that both boys were sick Tuesday and Wednesday...I'm not sure but whatever it was....these two weeks flew!!
My first week of work went good.  I was definitely ready for Friday to come.  Kuddos to the moms or dads that take a year or two off of work and then start back full time.  I guess it is very similar to teaching when you get the summer "off".  That first week of school is always tough, but it is always nice to get back into a routine!

We had orientation at school and Bowen ended up having a fever when we got home.  Which continued all day Wednesday.  He then decided to share it with Cael....which meant he probably wasn't faking it to get out of going to school! :-)  However, that also meant he could not go to school on Thursday, his first day!  So he had to miss the first day of Kindergarten...he was definitely thrilled, mom was NOT!  In the long run, it may have been a blessing because he was actually ready to go on Friday!  I dropped him off and he was a little hesitate but did not cry or cling to me!  Cael on the other hand had a really rough first couple of hours.  He whined, "I want Bo!" Where's Bowen?"  and then when we drove by the school it started all over again.  However, I couldn't blame the kid, I also missed him!!  I couldn't wait for Bowen to come home and see how his day went.  We were very eager to greet him off of the bus!  We all survived and Bowen enjoyed his first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment